09 November 2007

Lelee's cardigan


This cardigan is from the month of February in Elizabeth Zimmermann's Knitting Almanac. Elizabeth dedicates the book

"To the Unsure Knitter,
To the Blind Follower,
and
To all those who do not yet know
that they can design thier own knitting,
this book is encouragingly dedicated"

This pattern made me go outside of my knitting comfort zone. It wasn't written out with each row detailed nor with every little aspect of the sweater described. I had to figure out a lot of things myself and that has made me a better knitter. I love the Knitter's Almanac for another reason: the prose that Elizabeth Zimmermann includes is very amusing to me. I like her dry wit and subtle empowerment. I don't know if I will try anything else from the book anytime soon, but if I do, I am sure to learn a lot from the experience.
I am knitting the sweater with Blue Sky Alpacas hand-dyed cotton in expresso.

1 comment:

The Rev said...

You are a really good knitter.